One yarn I can definitely recommend is Schachenmayr Bravo Big. And here is why:
- It’s super bulky. Knitting with 10mm/US15 needles can give instant gratification. A hat or a cowl can be finished in just one weekend. A nice break from knitting lace.
- 100% acryl. The perfect material for a big bag like mine. Easy to wash, no blocking needed. (Did not wash the yarn so can’t share my opinion on that.)
- Not rough like some acrylics I’ve had in the past. The yarn has a nice feel while knitting. The knitted fabric has a bit of structure.
- Lots of colors, today 32 different colors. Some more neutral, others very bright. So there must be a color you like. And then there are also the color options:
- Good price-quality, 200 gram, ca 120 m for about € 6,50. At this price not the cheapest yarn I’ve had. Considering the quality definitely worth the price.
- Available in my area. I just hop on my bike, pick up some cookies and can start knitting right away.
What’s your favorite super bulky yarn?